The Nyali Cinemax STARS Loyalty Program & Associated Promotions TERMS AND CONDITIONS The following terms and conditions govern your membership with and participation in the Nyali Cinemax STARS Loyalty Program (â€œSTARS programâ€). On signing up for this card, you automatically accept these terms and conditions therefore please ensure you read and understand these.
WHAT ARE STARS?
The terms â€œSTARS” refers to the points awarded for purchases made while being a STARS Loyalty Program Member. Currently, you earn ONE STAR for every Ksh.50 spent on any item at the Box Office or at the Concession stand. These Stars can be collected and Redeemed for Movie Tickets and Concession Stand Items.
HOW DO I USE STARS?
You can redeem your stars for free cinema tickets and for selected items at the Concession Stand.
The CURRENT STAR REDEMPTION MENU
- 20 stars – 1 Small Salted Popcorn, 1 Small soda or 1 Water.
- 30 stars â€“ 1 Small Caramel Popcorn
- 40 stars â€“ 1 Large Magic Corn, 1 Hot Dog
- 150 stars – 1 Movie Ticket (normal seat)
From time to time, we will be offering additional or alternative redemption options. These will be advertised at the Nyali Cinemax.
- The Nyali Cinemax STARS Loyalty Program is a paid membership loyalty scheme which offers points-based rewards (called STARS) for purchases made at the Nyali Cinemax Box Office and Concession Stand.
- To become a member, you must be aged 18 years or over. Children 2 to 12yrs and Students 12- 18yrs can enrol as STAR KIDS or STAR STUDENTS Members, but the application must be authorised by his/her parent or guardian.
- Members must enrol individually in his/her full legal name and complete the application form correctly in full with valid information, and then submit that application to Nyali Cinemax as directed.
- Membership will be deemed invalid if the information provided is untrue and/or incomplete.
- You only become a member once Nyali Cinemax accepts your application and you receive a STARS card. Membership costs only Kshs. 500 and is renewable annually.
- The acceptance or rejection of an application for STARS membership is entirely at the discretion of Nyali Cinemax.
- Membership in the STARS Loyalty Program is limited to natural persons only. No business, corporation, trust, partnership or other entity may hold membership in the Program.
- A member may have only one open STARS Membership Account at any given time and may collect STARS in only one Account.
- Membership is valid for 12 months and must be renewed annually. Upon expiry of membership, Star members points balance will expire and be reset to zero unless membership is renewed within 30 days of expiry.
- Membership is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash and is nonrefundable.
- Members shall be responsible for notifying Nyali Cinemax of any changes to reflect any change of their name, mailing address, e-mail address, mobile phone number or any other required membership enrolment data.
- Members agree to receive Nyali Cinemax emails regarding session times, movie information and other Nyali Cinemax and Stars Loyalty Program related promotional information.
- The Card at all times remains the property of Nyali Cinemax and must be used by the member only for the purposes contemplated by these terms and conditions and in the manner directed by Nyali Cinemax.
- Nyali Cinemax may at any time at its sole discretion terminate a STARS membership with immediate effect by giving notice by way of email or any other method of notification considered appropriate by the Nyali Cinemax.
- Nyali Cinemax specifically reserves the right to amend, alter, withdraw or terminate the STARS program, any STARS program feature, points (STARS/ STAR RATES), rewards or recognitions or these Terms and Conditions either with or without notice. Any such changes may affect STARS which you may have previously accumulated, as well as any future accumulation of STARS.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Nyali Cinemax in the exercise of any legal or equitable rights and remedies it may have. Subject to applicable laws, Nyali Cinemax will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by any Member as a result of any termination, suspension or cancellation of the Program or the Member’s Membership.
- You must be a member of STARS and present your STARS membership card BEFORE the start of the transaction to earn STARS. It is the Member’s responsibility to present their STARS Membership Card
BEFORE the start of the transaction. Nyali Cinemax will not be liable for any loss or missed opportunity should a Member fail to present their card in time.
- THE STAR RATE: Currently, for every Kshs.50 spent at the Box Office or Candy Bar at Nyali Cinemax you will be awarded one STAR. We may also from time to time make available to members special offers, promotions and competitions (collectively, â€œCompetitionsâ€) which may offer more STARS on selected items or at selected times. These will be advertised accordingly.
- At the Cinemax Box Office and at the Concession Stand, STARS can be earned upon the total value of a transaction depending on the STAR RATE at the time.
- At the concession stands, STARS will be earned on the total value of one transaction.
- Each STAR awarded will be subject to any individual terms and conditions specified by Nyali Cinemax. Nyali Cinemaxâ€™s decision on all matters relating to any STARS awarded will be final and not subject to challenge or review.
- In the event of a return and/or exchange of any purchase for which STARS were allocated, STARS will be deducted automatically from your Account. Your STARS balance will be reduced by the equivalent number of STARS issued for the returned or exchanged items on the original transaction.
REDEMPTION OF STARS
- STARS may be redeemed for movie tickets and selected food and beverage items.
- Members must have enough STARS to redeem items in full (i.e. items cannot be redeemed via a combination of STARS and money).
- STARS can only be redeemed if the required STAR redemption level (or STARS balance) is acquired prior to the redemption transaction.
- Redemption rates, details and any restrictions that may apply are advertised at the Nyali Cinemax.
- To redeem STARS, Members must present their membership card and proof of identity before the completion of the transaction. STARS cannot be redeemed by anyone other than the owner of the card.
- STARS are personal and cannot be assigned, traded, or transferred.
- Redemptions, rewards, awards and prizes must be taken intact as offered and are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- STARS may not be redeemed in conjunction with any other promotional offers including, but not limited to, promotional discounted ticket offers unless they are part of and advertised as a STARS Loyalty Program promotion.
- The Nyali Cinemax Managementâ€™s decision on all matters relating to a redemption of STARS, STARS balance and any award or prize will be final and not subject to challenge or review.
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED MEMBERSHIP CARDS
- Members are entirely responsible for notifying Nyali Cinemax of any loss or theft of their STARS card.
- When Nyali Cinemax is made aware of a lost or stolen membership card, it will flag the membership card as lost or stolen and the associated Membership Account will be rendered inactive.
- Nyali Cinemax is not responsible for any redemption of STARS made by a
third party using a lost or stolen membership card.
- Valid identification will be required before a replacement membership card is issued.
- A replacement fee of Ksh. 300/- will be payable for each re-issued membership card.
MISUSE AND TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Nyali Cinemax will not be liable to the member or any other person for any claim, cost, expense, loss, damage or liability whatsoever suffered or incurred as a result of or in any way connected with the Nyali Cinemax STARS Loyalty Program & Associated Promotions or the granting or use of any points or prize. Fraud or abuse concerning Membership, Rewards and/or Benefits is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action.